Senior Citizen Card Application
Senior Citizen Card Application Getting older brings with it certain challenges, whether they involve physical exhaustion, health or just not being as active, enthusiastic or overzealous as you were when you were younger. To combat this and help people keep up with the times, the Social Welfare Department has certain schemes that people are allowed to avail. However, to make it easier for people to avail of these, they have come up with a Senior Citizens Card, which makes the entire process a lot easier.
What is a Senior Citizen Card?
Karnataka Senior Citizen Card Simply put, the Senior Citizen Card issued by the Social Welfare Department provides a recognized proof of age to elders to facilitate their access to concessions, discounts or priority services offered by Government departments, public companies, private and commercial establishments.
What are the benefits of applying for a Senior Citizen Card?
There are multiple benefits for people interested in getting senior citizens cards. These benefits include convenience, monetary, assistance in many ways and many more.
Some of these benefits include:
- Railway concession for people of 60 years or more & Railways has a separate queue for senior citizens.
- KSRTC & BMTC Transport discount for people who are 60 years or more
- Air travel concession of 50% on the basic fare for people who are 65 years or more.
- 30% discount at multiple private hospitals for a minimum age of 60 years.
- Government hospitals provide free treatment for 60 years old or older.
- Banks provide an additional interest of 0.5% to 60-year-olds.
- Income tax-exempts senior citizens (65 years and above) from paying any tax & Income tax relief is provided to all senior citizens.
- Old age home- admissions are free or at a nominal cost.
Application for Senior Citizen Card
Eligibility: The applicant must be at least 60 years of age
The applicant must be a resident of Karnataka
- Self-Attested Age proof
- Self-Attested Address proof
- Self-Attested Residence Certificate
- Self-Attested Blood group report
- One Passport Size Photo
Delivery Time (Days): 21
Procedure for applying:
- Application submission (Online)
- The application is routed to the Programme Assistant at the respective district
- Verification by the Programme Assistant. Recommendations of the Programme Assistant are sent to the District Disabled Welfare Officer (DDWO) for review
- Verification by the DDWO. Approve or reject the application request
- If Application is Approved we will Print and Laminate the Card and Dispatch via Registered Post.